Quantitative Aptitude - Time and Distance - Formula & Concept Tutorial
- Speed = Distance / Time
- Time = Distance / Speed
- Distance = Speed * Time
- Average Speed = Total Distance / Total Time Taken
- To convert km/hr to m/sec
x km/hr = ( x * 5/18) m/sec
- To convert m/sec to km/hr
x m/sec = (x * 18/5) km/hr
- If the ratio of the speed of A and B is a : b , then the ratio of the times taken by them to cover the same distance is
- Suppose a man cover a certain distance at x km/hr and an equal distance at y km/hr. Then the average speed during the whole journey is .
- When object are moving in the same direction with x and y speed, then relative speed will be x-y.
- When object are moving in the opposite direction with x and y speed, then relative speed will be x+y